Friday, August 6, 2010

Twilight: Egad

My brother and I went to see a matinee of Eclipse (3rd movie of the Twilight Series) today! Good gracious that was an awful movie, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Let's get a few things straight, first of all. I read and enjoyed all the Twilight books by Stephanie Meyer, and saw and enjoyed all three movies (out so far) in theaters. The books are GREAT if you're looking for a fun escapist story, and not some serious literature or a realistic love story. The movies are GREAT if you're looking for some gorgeous manly eye-candy or sweet action sequences, and not cinematographic (its a word, i promise!) genius or breathtaking acting skills. And I go into the movie theater and bookstore expecting just those things, so I enjoy them immensely.

Luckily for us, the only other people in the theater with us today were a couple sitting a few rows back, and they seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves as much as we were, so we didn't feel too guilty about giggling at the lovey-dovey dialogue and re-enacting the more awkward conversations ourselves.

My favorite scene of the whole movie:
Charlie (Bella's dad) "What's going on here?"
Jacob (werewolf/Bella's best friend who wants to steal her from Boyfriend/Vampire Edward) "I kissed Bella. Then she broke her hand. Because she tried to punch my face."

Charlie's face in response to that line was the movie's saving grace. I was laughing so hard I missed a whole minute of (riveting) dialogue afterwards.

But Jacob was so incredibly sexy in all his shirtless glory, and the fight sequences were pretty groovy, and the scenery (Washington rain forests) was breathtaking.

All in all, a rather enjoyable show. :-)

In other (more knitting-related) news: the Fallen Leaves Afghan is now 44" long!



Just 26" to go! YAAAY!!!

Edited to add: Jeez, I can do math. I meant 16"!!

p.s. I need to stop posting at 11.55pm. I'm cutting it pretty close for my blog-once-a-day plan. O.O

No comments:

Post a Comment