Friday, August 27, 2010

Progress, Classes, and RICE!

Yeah... so I'm not so good at updating every day.

Classes have started, and I'm loving them all! History of Premodern Japan (super-interesting, but loooots of reading), Second Year Japanese language (soooo hard!!!), German conversation and composition (my opinion is still pending, but the prof seems cool!) and Statistics (super-easy math class w/ a great crackpot of a professor). Yaaay!!!

Here's some progress on the Vilai sock:



It doesn't look all that different, but I only have a few more rows before I start the heel flap! :-)

Here is the super-easy sock I'm working on. It's gonna be great for working on while watching a movie or reading or whatever. :-)





I cast on 56 stitches, and am working in a simple k3p1 (knit 3, purl 1) rib. It looks like it's gonna be a good size for me. We'll see when I get a little farther along :-)

Also: I made rice today!!!



I got a super-cheap microwave rice cooker from target a few days ago, and my friend EK and I decided to experiment, and the results were not bad! They were edible, at least! ^^ We had some trouble getting the right chewable-ness, but it was pretty good for a first attempt :D

I'm trying not to drown in extra-curriculars (lots of publicity for getting freshmen into my clubs, and lots of auditions coming up soon!) and schoolwork (yikes the reading!) and my messy room (SOOO MESSYYYY!!!), but I'm having a blast hanging out with all of my super-awesome friends and doing all the stuff that I love :-) Hopefully I'll get into a nice routine soon, which means I'll knit and blog more :-)

Knittinglove,
~YoungKnitter

No comments:

Post a Comment