Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, y'all!

My parents and I welcomed the new year in our PJs at home. We went out to see Tangled (the new Disney movie about Rapunzel - SO AMAZING! I'm in love, I think. I'm practically 20, but somehow Disney movies still manage to make me giggle and cry like a 5-year-old. <3 ) We got burgers at this joint in Cape Elizabeth called Rudy's (very tasty and very Maine-y), then came home and watched X-Men to stay awake (a new New Year's tradition, I think!).

I believe I have started the new year rather well! I slept late, but then had a productive day. I worked out, showered, wrote my NYResolutions, baked chocolate chip cookies, meditated, hung out with Toki (my sister's pet rat), made good progress on my Guido scarf, and now I'm blogging!

The cookies were a great success:



They're so good but so easy. I just use the recipe on the back of the Tollhouse Semisweet Chocolate Chips bag! Yummmmm...

And here's my latest progress on the Guido Scarf:



New Year's Resolutions. This is a very popular topic of conversation among bloggers, it seems, and reading the Resolutions of the bloggers I follow has inspired me to write a list of my own!

Usually people have just one or two resolutions, generally something like "lose weight" and "save more money" or something. Mine are somewhat more specific, and are organized into two groups: Habits and Accomplishments. The Habits are little changes I want to make in my daily, weekly, or yearly routine, but they aren't exactly things I can check off a list, as they'll hopefully last for the rest of my life. Accomplishments are the big things that I want to, well, accomplish by the end of the year. Here goes:

Habits:
Knit for at least 30 Minutes every day - This is an important one for my well-being and sanity. It's easy to make time for knitting when I'm at home on vacation, but when I'm at school, life seems to carry me away, and I don't make time for myself and my passions. So a lot of these "habits" are about changing that.
Meditate 10 mins daily - I found a great website called HeadSpace that has a 10-minutes-a-day-for-10-days program that's supposed to be an introductory course to the practice of meditation.
Email my mother twice weekly - just a good habit. I got a little out of touch with my family this semester (again due to getting carried away with life at school) and I want to change that for this year.
Blog weekly – if not daily - Another great one for you guys, my readers (if you exist?). I do want to blog more, both for myself (it's relaxing) and to document my creative growth.
Write more letters - I did this a lot freshman year, and just fell out of the habit of writing regularly. But there's nothing better than getting a letter from a friend.
Live more healthily - The usual - eat better, exercise more, etc.

Accomplishments:
Study Abroad - Either in Japan this summer (still waiting to hear back!) or
Knit a sweater - Can you believe I haven't yet? It's so scary...
Spin yarn! – enough to knit something. - I have enough gorgeous roving to make plenty of nice things. I just haven't yet. O.o
Complete a HPKCHC term
Start & Finish my dress

I know that's a lot of Resolutions, but I'm ambitious, and I have a feeling that this is going to be a good year. :-) I have a lot to look forward to this year! My sister is graduating and joining the Peace Corps, I'm turning 20, I'll be studying abroad somewhere, and my knitting, crocheting, and spinning skills have a lot of room for growth! Should be fun!

I apologize for my incredible loquaciousness (I'm torn between that word or verbosity. They're both such excellent words, aren't they?) these past few posts, but it seems I have a lot on my mind. Hopefully it'll be less chatter and more crafting from now on, but I can't make any promises. ;)

Luke says: "Happy New Year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment