Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Soooo I spent pretty much all afternoon doodling around the internet looking at knitting patterns and reading ravelry discussion boards and voting on the 2nd-Annual-ish Bob nominees for awards for different categories, which led me to more patterns and discussion boards and blogs and stuff. I found some AWESOME stuff! I'm really excited about a bunch of new project ideas, now that I got new knitting needles.

SPEAKING OF WHICH!
My Uncles were cleaning out his mom's house and found her knitting needle collection, which included a mix-and-match set of circular needles from, like, the 50s!!!!! and a variety of straight needles, and sent them all to me. SO BEAUTIFUL! I feel so special, I have heritage knitting needles now :D They're so cool! Better quality than the ones I bought from Michaels a year or so ago, with more sizes and varieties of connecting chords and stuff, and SO PRETTY! AND SO OLD! :O I'm so excited :D

Anyways: I saw soooo much cool stuff on my internet adventure today and got sooo excited for some new project ideas :D

2 books I've decided I want:
Knitting Lingerie Style: More Than 30 Basic and Lingerie-Inspired Designs by JOAN MCGOWAN-MICHAEL
and Sexy Little Knits by Ashley Paige.

Patterns for underwear, yes, but also nightgowns, swimsuits, robes, and all sorts of cute comfy stuff! :D

Anyways. Moral of this story: if you don't have a Ravelry account yet, GET ONE RIGHT NOW! It's a social networking site and amazing resource for knitters, crocheters, and yarncrafters in general. It's got a huuuuge database of patterns (free and not-free) and cool groups and discussion boards and its basically just amazing. I blame Ravelry for aiding and abetting me in my addiction, and give Ravelry full credit for teaching me soooooo much about my craft.

GO TO www.ravelry.com RIGHT NOW AND SIGN UP!

Love and happy knitting,
~YoungKnitter

No comments:

Post a Comment